In which are explored the matrices of text, textile, and exile through metaphor, networks, poetics, etymologies, etc., with an occasional subplot relating these elements to Iggy and the Stooges.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Essay by Chris Funkhouser on text/textile

When I was on residency in Latvia courtesy of the Electronic Text + Textile Project, I got lonely and was on an irregular sleep schedule (jetlag) so craved connection through my project. I asked people for whom I'd made textile pieces over the last few years to write or create some kind of response: cd be a poem, a word, a photo, etc. Chris responded with this essay, which later came out in Jacket Magazine. I was honored, and found exceptionally useful the insights Chris had about the nuances of textural, textilic textuality, and of textual textiles.
http://jacketmagazine.com/37/damon-by-funkhouser.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment